Subject: gif/gre configuration
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2005 23:34:31
   I have a situation I'm not entirely sure how to deal with.

   I have a single gigE interface, wm0.  I bring it up with a:

ifconfig_wm0="up"

   in /etc/rc.conf.  Then, the vlan* interfaces I bring up with files
in /etc.  I also try to bring up gif0 and gre0 with files in /etc.
However, I'm using DHCP to get assigned my address from
my broadband provider.  Before dhclient runs (which doesn't
happen until after /etc/ifconfig.* are processed) the configuration
of the gif and gre interfaces won't work.

   Is there a way to delay configuration of tunnel-type interfaces
until after dhclient runs?

   Thanks...

                                    - Chris