Subject: Re: decent mp3 players supported by open source tools?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Rio Deiros <driodeiros@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 10:19:28
> Are there any decent mp3 players (support for ogg and flac is
> desirable) that work well with NetBSD?  I haven't heard much good about
> the iPod tools.

Steven,

The rio karma has a ethernet port and internally runs a webserver so you
can use it with any OS with TCP/IP support.

Here is the link:

http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=261

Maybe there are other models that support ethernet. Check it out.

I have not tried yet my ipod with netbsd. But if you can mount it (apparently
you can), you can use then an application like gtkpod to write/read
information to the ipod. Gtkpod is pretty cool.

Tell us what you finally buy!

David.