Subject: Re: Loading LKMs at boot yields unresolved symbols, but from commandline it's OK
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 18:56:32
--6zipuvUKAEymKn2g

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:32:02AM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
[...]
> The problem:  if I load the LKMs from the commandline, it's fine.=20
> However, when I configure things in lkm.conf for boot-time load, I get
> undefined reference errors.  This is *with* the -s flag.
[...]
> ... the first module loads, but the second (which requires symbols from
> the first) doesn't.  Here's what /etc/lkm.conf looks like:
>=20
> # path          options         entry           postinstall   =20
> output          when
> #/lkm/if_ipl.o  -               -               -             =20
> -               -
> /usr/lkm/mod_zaptel.o -s - - - AFTERMOUNT
> /usr/lkm/mod_ztdummy.o -s - - - AFTERMOUNT
>=20
>=20
> ... as you can see, I _do_ have the -s flag in there.  Even more
> interesting, someone else using this code (also on a 2.0 system, like
> this one) is NOT seeing this problem.

Hmm.  At first I thought it was kern/29133, but I'm not that sure.

I'm wondering a bit about the part in /etc/rc.lkm where it adds
-A unconditionally (well, as long as the kernel is readable).  Could
you try with that part commented out?  (It begins with booted_kernel.)

--=20

--6zipuvUKAEymKn2g

--6zipuvUKAEymKn2g--