Subject: Re: decent mp3 players supported by open source tools?
To: Tomasz Marciniak <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 14:45:52

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:45:35PM +0100, Tomasz Marciniak wrote:
> On Friday,  4 March 2005 at  7:44:16 +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > > my creative labs muvo shows up as a umass USB device with sd0 attached
> > How does mount fail, exactly?
> I have the same device & issue. Trying mount_msdos /dev/sd0e /mnt fails
> with ,,Invalid argument'' error message (disklabel confirms that e is=20
> correct). I also can access the device with mtools.
> If you want ktrace output of mount or anything, please write - I'll send
> you what's needed (I haven't investigated the issue myself because I own
> this player since yesterday).

ktrace output won't really be of any use, but say the first few relevant
sectors of both the disk and the partition will be useful.  Say the
fisrt 100kb of the disk.

Also, I've seen some devices not having a MBR, but rather being straight
a FAT partition.  In that case, sd0d is the device you want to mount.

Quentin Garnier - -

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)