Subject: Re: decent mp3 players supported by open source tools?
To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 10:02:11
> Are there any decent mp3 players (support for ogg and flac isdesirable)
> that work well with NetBSD?  I haven't heard much good aboutthe iPod
> tools.

I've got an iRiver iHP-140 (or H-140 as they've rebranded it to). It's
great. It supports OGG, MP3 and WAV. It's a record and playback device and
has optical in/out and line in/out (and internal mic). The remote is very
cool
too.

It works fine with NetBSD 2.0, but with NetBSD 1.6.2 it comes up with some
stupid
disk geometry that blows some memory allocation routines out of the water.

I use it as a portable 40GB disk as well as for music. It's good for
storing
a ton of ISO images on...

--
Stephen