Subject: Re: Upgrade to 2.0 and passwd problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler <tyler@agat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/02/2005 20:31:07
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <d04tmp$kca$1@sea.gmane.org>, Tyler writes:
>
>>Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

>>>Check the permissions on su, chsh, etc.  Are they setuid?  Did you do an
>>>unprivileged build without -U?
>>>

>>ok that's it. Yes I'v used the -U option to build the userland. I can
>>set the uid bit to 1 for these files. But it will be the same for all
>>the setuid apps :(
>>I have to rebuild it without -U option ?
>>

> If you built with -U you're ok; the problem may be in how you did the
> installation.  Did you specify -p to tar?

ok I'll give all my commands to upgrade because I do not understand what
Ive done wrong :

./build.sh -U -D /usr/i386build distribution
./build.sh -U -D /usr/i386build install=/
cd /usr/i386build && pax -rwvpe bin sbin usr lib libexec /

And I've used the option -pe with pax to keep all the privileges