Subject: Re: resume?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2005 12:10:27
--- Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Eric Fox wrote:
>
> > For the last 8-10 years or so, I've kept my resume in HTML format.  If
> > someone had a problem with it, it was easy enough to create a text
> version
> > using lynx.  Renamed as *.doc and they're happy.
>
> Heh. If I had office on windows I could experiment, but since Microsoft
> likes thinking everything is their format, couldn't you just do
> latex2rtf (or whatever) and name the output to .doc?

Technically, if you take a properly formatted *.html [complete with <HTML>
and <BODY> tags] and rename it *.doc, Word will happily open and [attempt
to] render it...

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3

"It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is." -- Terry Pratchett