Subject: Re: resume?
To: Dmitry Ivanov <dimss@solutions.lv>
From: Jerry B. Altzman <jbaltz@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2005 10:17:34
I wish I could put something about NetBSD into this, but...

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:07:21 +0200, Dmitry Ivanov <dimss@solutions.lv> wrote:
> I have discovered recently that most recruiters in UK _require_ CV in MS
> Word format. LaTeX and PDF doesn't work with them anymore... They
> refuse to read PDF or follow URL that points to CV. They read only *.do
> attached to email. I'm looking for new job right now and I have to
> install OpenOffice to refrmat CV. OpenOffice produces nice PDF output
> as well as *.doc.

In fact, most recruiters in the US do too. In case you don't know why,
they like to strip out any personally identifying information (email
address, phone number) so the prospective employers do not contact the
candidate out-of-band, and they don't have any tools at their disposal
but MS Word.

I would *love* to find a technical recruiter who spoke OpenOffice, or
LaTeX. (I've long ago had to bite the bullet and made my CV into a
.doc file...)

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman    jbaltz@gmail.com