Subject: Re: CF-IDE adapter
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Ian Zagorskih <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2005 16:25:43
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:35:45PM +0600, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
>>AFAIU electrical specification on Compact Flash v 2.1 for both CF I and II
>>cards fully allows hot-swapping.
> Hm... would the signals of the other device on the ATA cable survive, or
> would I need to make the bus quite first?

On the one hand, according to Compact Flash 2.1 specs:

CF/CF+ cards should be resistible to hot-swapping (different pin length
for power/general/detect signals for example). On the other hand, i
don't see any explicit chapter dedicated to "hot-swap" compatibility or

I'm not sure for 100%, i guess first of all it depends on used CF
adapter. Well, i'm sure 99.9% CF card will survive. But what about other
device connected to the same cable like IDE disk which isn't hot-swap

// wbr