Subject: Re: LFS (was Thank you NetBSD)
To: None <>
From: Rick Kelly <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2005 23:38:51
Dieter said:

>Power can and will fail.  Even with a UPS.  :-(

Even then, NetBSD seems to shine, with an edge over Solaris UFS without
logging turned on.

>If one is forced to run Linux :-( which FS is the least likely
>to lose data, and how much worse is it than NetBSD's FFS?

I've know people who have had systems with ext2 and ext3 crash, and lose
large amounts of data. I had a Slackware 10 system here for awhile, and used
reiserfs, which seemed fairly fast, but I never had a crash. I would bet JFS
and XFS are good based on my experience with AIX and IRIX.

Rick Kelly