Subject: Re: pkgsrc newbie - How to set compilation options in php5 specifically
To: None <>
From: Leonardo Rojas <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2005 22:32:27
Mike Parson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:05:43PM -0500, Leonardo Rojas wrote:
>>I'm new to NetBSD.
>>I've successfully built apache, php5 and the php5 extensions meta
>>package. But even if enable the extension in php.ini, php doesn't
>>recognize them. I assume that is because php wasn't complied with the
>>extension enabled (ie: --without-mysql).
>>Do I have to manually modify the php5 Makefile to enable these extensions?
> You need to build pkgsrc/databases/php-mysql

The php5-extensions meta-pkgs builds it, which I did, but it doesn't
recompile php itself to adjust for the new modules as I had hoped.

Florian Stoehr wrote:
 > Look at the file "Makefile.php" in the pkgsrc/www/php[x] folder.
 > At the bottom, you'll find "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=", add your options there.

That's what I thought I might had to do.
I'll look for the appropriate switches in the php docs and try it out.

Thank you both for the help.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.