Subject: Re: Best way to keep you pkgsrc software up2date
To: David Rio Deiros <driodeiros@gmail.com>
From: Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/19/2005 01:20:29
Hello,

I'm a recent user on NetBSD and I found that after a `cvs up -dP` in
pkgsrc you can use 2 good utilities to see what programs need to be
updated:

1.	pkgtools/pkglint:

	lintpkgsrc -i

	Scanning Makefiles: 5368 packages
	Version mismatch: 'netpbm' 10.26.1 vs 10.26.3
	Version mismatch: 'pkglint' 4.04 vs 4.05

And this tool its very good because it cleans your distfiles directory
as well if you want it.

2.	pkgtools/pkg_chk:

	pkg_chk -i

	pkglint-4.05: version mismatch - pkglint-4.04
	netpbm-10.26.3: version mismatch - netpbm-10.26.1

This tool can update your programs that need to be upgraded with:

	pkg_chk -u (e.g.)

Also, read the manuals luke!

Yours,

	Nuno Teixeira