Subject: User level packet filtering
To: None <,>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/17/2005 11:00:04
Hi all,

for research purposes I'd like to pass *all* IP packets
via user space in a NetBSD router. Not just getting a copy
of the packet but I'd like to change/drop some packets
before forwarding them. Now my question is, how should/could
this be done in NetBSD? I know that it's quite easy
with ipfw in FreeBSD, using a divert socket. There seems
to be no ipfw any more in NetBSD-current, which I am
using. What should I use then? ipfilter? pf? bpf?
libpcap? And how? Any help/links most appreciated.

Best regards,

P.S. Could you please cc: my e-mail address too..

-- -+-