Subject: Re: NFS booted NAT box - problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/13/2005 00:29:44
Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> i'm using that machine (it's Pentium 133, 64MB RAM, 2 ethernets) as
> NAT+ALTQ machine. it worked fine until network got larger (>120 machines).
>
> fxp0 is PXE bootable LAN interface, ex0 is WAN interface
>
> now it boots fine, works for some time (like 1-20 hours) then it
> self-reboots.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I think I had my AMD Athlon
machine rebooting itself on random occasions. This was netbsd-2.0 and
the kernel and userland it was running was compiled with
'-mcpu=pentium'. I did 'cvs checkout -P -rnetbsd-2 src' to get the
latest fixes going into upcoming 2.0.1 and rebuilt everything without
any -mcpu options. Since then, everything has been rock solid.