Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 without vga adapter and keyboard
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Keil <J.Keil@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2005 00:00:03
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:54:07AM +0100, Jochen Keil wrote:
>
>>console=com0 with installboot but this didn't help either. COM devices
>>are disabled in the BIOS. Do i have to switch them on in order to boot
>>without vga and keyboard?
>

> Yes. The bootblocks ask the bios for the com0 details and pass that info to
> the kernel.

This didn't work for me. This email got me finally to the right point:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2002/10/29/0016.html
I've set console=pc for the bootloader but i had to put this into my
kernconf (of course with com enabled in the bios and added to the kernconf):
options         CONSDEVNAME="\"com\"",CONADDR=0x3f8,CONSPEED=9600
options         CONS_OVERRIDE

Now it is booting nicely without keyboard and vga.

> Martin

Greetings,

Jochen