Subject: Re: Failing ./build.sh tools
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kosta Kilim <kopno@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2005 22:53:29
On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 12:31:29PM -0800, David Rio Deiros wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > installed NetBSD 2.0 on Sunday and I'm trying to familiarise myself
> > with it. So far I really like it. Ksh and postfix installed by
> > default. Very nice.
>
> I am starting with netBSD too. And I had some little issues trying to recompile
> the world too.

Hi David !

First of all, thank you for your help.

> This is what I did to change my system from -release to -release+(plus
> the patches).

This is what I'm trying to do as well. Mostly because I want pf from
the main source tree and not the pkgsrc's pflkm.

And while I'm at it, pf is only in the -current in the source tree,
not in the "netbsd-2" branch tag ?

> I've changed the cvs command so you will sync against -current.

But as i understand it that is not supposed to be "safe", right ?
Regardless, a lot of people seem to be running it like that anyways.
Or is it the case "everything works, but if it don't, fix it don't
complain" ?

So if I wanna sync with the -release and the patches released since, the
command is:

	cvs checkout -A -P -rnetbsd-2 src

as opposed to getting -current via

	cvs checkout -A -P src