Subject: Re: Failing ./ tools
To: Kosta Kilim <>
From: David Rio Deiros <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2005 12:31:29
> Hi,
> installed NetBSD 2.0 on Sunday and I'm trying to familiarise myself
> with it. So far I really like it. Ksh and postfix installed by
> default. Very nice.

I am starting with netBSD too. And I had some little issues trying to recompile
the world too.
This is what I did to change my system from -release to -release+(plus
the patches). I've changed the cvs command so you will sync against -current.

# cd /usr/
# mkdir /usr/src
# chown drio /usr/src
# mkdir /usr/obj
# chown drio /usr/obj

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export
$ cd /usr
$ cvs checkout -A -P src

$ cd /usr/src
$ ./ tools
$ ./ -U kernel=GENERIC
$ ./ -u -U build
$ ./ -u -U release

After doing all this you should have your kernel and the userland
ready to be installed:

# cp /netbsd /netbsd.old
# cp /usr/src/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC/netbsd /netbsd
# reboot
# cd /usr/src
# ./ tools
# ./ -U -D /usr/src/obj/destdir.i386 install=/
# reboot

And everything should be fine.

Hope these helps.