Subject: Re: stupid questions about sendmail and mutt
To: Denis Lagno <>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/06/2005 23:40:08
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Denis Lagno wrote:

>>> I have not much modifications from standard configuration in etc.tgz set.
>>> I have no /etc/hosts.deny file, I have not configured any firewall.
>>> I have almost unmodified
>>> Connection between machines is via Wi-Fi access point D-Link 2000AP+.
>>> Also there is configured ipsec, but I tried to disable ipsec and
>>> I still cannot telnet to port 25 from other machine.  But I can
>>> telnet to port 23 for example, or ssh.
>> What does "netstat -a | grep smtp" show?
> # netstat -a | grep smtp
> tcp        0      0  localhost.smtp         *.*                    LISTEN
> tcp6       0      0  localhost.smtp         *.*                    LISTEN

Okay. Your sendmail is only listening for connection coming from the local

You'll have to change the file to fix this. If you know how to
fiddle with the .cf file, or perhaps preferrably the .mc file, drop the
DAEMON_OPTIONS line, which specify to only listen on the localhost

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email:           ||  Reading murder books