Subject: Re: iPod shuffle?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/03/2005 15:29:09
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:11:21 -0500, Steven M. Bellovin
<smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

> That's a well-known limitation of our USB support.  fvdl has some
> patches that went in to -current to eliminate the problem -- I wonder
> if someone should request a pull-up to the 2.0 branch.

Well if it affects many USB mass storage devices I think it at least
needs to get into 2.1 if it can't make it to 2.0.2.

> Hmm -- we eagerly await your results....

After doing some googling it sounds like the iPod Shuffle uses a
'iTunesSD' file to keep track of the songs.   The author of foo_pod
sounds like he is helping to get the iPod Shuffle supported.  So my
guess is it won't be long before it just works.

-Andrew