Subject: Re: Replace system Postfix
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/01/2005 17:03:22
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:59:41AM +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Florian Stoehr wrote:
>
> >mailwrapper / mailer.conf -> Yep that helps a lot. Thanks all.
>
> the problem is, when you type "postfix reload", will it run the "new"
> postfix?
>
> that is something that can't be sufficiently resolved within the current
> framework. [why both sendmail _and_ postfix have to be in the base
> system eludes me, anyways..]

That doesn't seem to matter much, if you are using the same config directory
for both versions.  The config files have the path for the back-end binaries
that do all the heavier lifting.

I regularly do "postfix stop" with the "wrong" copy of the postfix command.

I do take care to run "env - sh /etc/rc.d/postfix start" to start it, though.

Regards,
+ Kim
--
Kimmo Suominen