Subject: Re: anoncvs troubles
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/30/2005 10:20:37
In message <41FCB2A8.7040700@incubus.de>, Matthias Buelow writes:
>Hi folks,
>
>I can't seem to checkout netbsd-2-0 src from anoncvs.netbsd.org, it
>starts ok but always hangs after a while (typically after 5-20 min),
>either with compression and without.  Anybody else seeing this?
>Connection is still established to the cvs server, it pings ok, but it
>simply hangs.

What release are you running on the machine that's doing the checkout?
There was a problem, fixed in September, with ipfw that could cause
such symptoms.  One way to check: try to get the different pieces
separately and see if you get further.  If you can identify what
directory it's hanging in, get each file separately.

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb