Subject: Re: setup bridge0 in rc.conf ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2005 17:24:38
Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net> writes:

| Hi,
|
| I'm used to setup everything (interfaces, dmesg, daemon params, ...) in
| my /etc/rc.conf.
| I would like to start a bridge but "ifconfig_bridge0" doesn't seem to
| work :(
| Do I have to use the /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 file method or can I
| configure the bridge in my rc.conf ?
|
| TIA,
|     Jo

Hi Jo!

The ifconfig_bridge0 variable does not provide for running external
commands, so you would not be able to run brconfig to add interfaces
to the bridge.  Using an ifconfig.bridge0 file can do this, as shown
in examples on the brconfig(8) manual page.

But even the ifconfig.bridge0 file may get processed too early, if
you are bridging interfaces that first need to be created.  In such
cases, it might be best to use /etc/netstart.local to create the
bridge and add the interfaces to it.

Regards,
+ Kim
--