Subject: Re: auich on 1.6.2
To: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2005 03:01:02
On May 11, 12:03am, Florian Stoehr wrote:
} On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} >     I have a 1.6.2 system with the following sound card:
} >
} > auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4M) AC-97 Audio
} > auich0: interrupting at irq 5
} > auich0: ADS112 codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, no 3D stereo
} > auich0: measured ac97 link rate at 48000 Hz
} > audio0 at auich0: full duplex, mmap, independent
} >
} > In order to support this card, I grabbed auich.c and auichreg.h from
} > the NetBSD-1.6-release sources.  The sound card is found and everything
} > appears to work, but there is no audio output.  Does anybody have any
} > suggestions?
}
} For some cards, the initial volume is very low or even "0%". Play arount
} with the audioctl mixer settings (or xmix) and see if that's the case for
} your card.

     I guess I should have mentioned that I turned off all mutes and set
all gains to max.

}-- End of excerpt from Florian Stoehr