Subject: Strange ucom problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/2005 19:33:31
Hello,

i'm trying to connect my SE P800 to my Alpha running NetBSD 2.0, but this
doesn't fully work as i expect. I have a very strange problem with ttyU0 and
dtyU0. So, first, the dmesg excerpt:

uftdi0 at uhub0 port 3
uftdi0: Sony Ericsson SEMC DSS-20 SyncStation, rev 1.10/4.00, addr 2
ucom0 at uftdi0 portno 1: portno 1

So far, so good. If i set the phone to "Modem", 115200 KBps, everything works
completely perfect. At least with cu. But if i set the phone to "PC
Connection", things look a bit different:

cu - absolutely nothing. Tried dtyU0, ttyU0, tried -f, -F, tried --nostop,
tried really nearly everything.
pppd - this is what shall go on the line if everything works (mRouter protocol
there). Works fine in this setup with the serial cable, but not with the USB
cradle.
tip - same as cu. Nothing.
minicom - everything works perfectly

So, i played around with minicom, enabled/disabled hardware flow control, but
it's not possible to get it _NOT_ working correctly there. Exactly the opposite
in all other tools.

Before i now read the minicom source... maybe someone had a similar problem
with a maybe different configuration, and finally found out what this could be.
Or maybe at least someone has a nice hint to tell, where can i look further.

As said, cu in general works, it's just the PC Connection mode of the phone,
which just works with minicom.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX