Subject: Re: postfix / sasl / tls - pkgsrc 2004Q4
To: Peter I. Hansen <pih@bsdmail.dk>
From: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@9online.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/2005 19:25:09
Peter I. Hansen a écrit :

> Asmodehn Shade wrote:
>
>> Peter I. Hansen a écrit :

>>> I just rebuildt postfix with the before mentioned options. I use
>>> NetBSD 2.0 (the iso release), the GENERIC kernel and pkgsrc updated
>>> yesterday with sup.
>>> I get no errors. One thing about your output is that you fail on
>>> patch-aj. This is an inet6 only patch, which i don't use. I looked
>>> it up on
>>> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mail/postfix/patches/Attic/patch-aj
>>>
>>> and this file is now removed. I guess you are experiencing PR/28756
>>> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=28756
>>>
>>> When did you last update pkgsrc? You can find directions on how to
>>> do this at
>>> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/getting.html#id2534807
>>>
>>> -Peter
>>

>> This is exactly 28756... but I use the 2004Q4 pkgsrc branch, as it is
>> supposed to be the stable one... I suppose this has been only fixed
>> in pkgsrc current, isn't it ?
>> If this is working, why not change the pkgsrc stable branch too ?
>>

> As far as I have understood (I have been wrong before), pkgsrc is
> branched about 4 times a year to provide a stable basis upon which the
> developers can build binary packages.
> I install most things from pkgsrc, which I update with sup about once
> a week or if I spot an update for something important to me on
> http://netbsd.org/Changes/pkg-changes.html
>
> -Peter

Few years before I thought the same but it seems that pkgsrc have one stable and one current branch now ^^, if I understood well...
And I think this is really better.
On my home server, I don't want to test last features, or just new packages, but I want good packages which build without any problem.
There are sometimes problems on current branch...

I just spot this out :

+ continuing engineering on the "stable" branches of pkgsrc has been
much improved

from this : http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/12/21/0005.html

I actually hope this will be fixed in 2004Q4.