Subject: Re: FTP proxy error - fetching files
To: Dunric <dunric@centrum.cz>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/16/2005 07:57:46
--szdyR02yM8NCQUEm

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 04:58:04PM +0100, Dunric wrote:
  | Bellow is an sample output of download-vulnerability-list utility
  | but it's ftp connection fault. I tried to set FETCH_ARGS environment
  | variable with different options(-4 -a -d -v) but no success. Second
  | line of output with null user and password looks strange. I'd expect
  | to be like user=3D"anonymous" and pass=3D"`whoami`@".
  |
  | ftp_proxy=3D"ftp://myname:mypassword@ourftpproxy.ourdomain:4421"
  |
  | Please help me. Without working ftp connection in NetBSD I'm
  | completely lost :(

Looking at your log, it appears that your FTP proxy requires the
username to be of the form "foo@bar".  I.e:
	proxy user	myname@ourdomain
	proxy pass	mypassword
	proxy host	outftpproxy.ourdomain:4421
However, ftp parses the `@' in $ftp_proxy as the separator between the
proxy username component and the proxy host.

ftp in NetBSD-current (and the latest tnftp in pkgsrc) supports using
RFC1738-style '%xx' encoding; %40 =3D=3D '@'.
Try setting ftp_proxy to:
   ftp_proxy=3D"ftp://myname%40ourdomain:mypassword@ourftpproxy.ourdomain:4=
421"

Cheers,
Luke.

  | -------------------------- log start ------------------------------
  | isipv6addr: got 0 for ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfile=
s/pkg-vulnerabilities
  | parse_url: user `<null>' pass `<null>' host ftp.NetBSD.org port ftp(21)=
 path `pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities'
  | got savefile as `pkg-vulnerabilities.6691'
  | parse_url: user `myname' pass `mypassword' host ourftpproxy.ourdomain p=
ort 4421(4421) path`/'
  | isipv6addr: got 0 for ftp.NetBSD.org
  | Requesting ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/pkg-vulne=
rabilities
  |   (via ourftpproxy.ourdomain:4421)
  | received `220 Proxy+ FTP Gateway ready. Start with command USER userid@=
hostname'
  | ftp: Improper response from `darkmoon.iva'
  | ***WARNING*** Download of vulnerabilities file failed
  |=20

--szdyR02yM8NCQUEm

--szdyR02yM8NCQUEm--