Subject: Dell with Megaraid Problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Main <ian3@stemwinder.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/14/2005 02:03:19
Hello all,

I'm trying to install netbsd 2.0 on a dual CPU Dell PowerEdge 4300 with
a PERC2/SC MegaRAID controller in it.  It boots up fine and works except
that there are no logical disk drives found.  It finds the iop0 device,
but there are no ld0s, even though they are configured in the bios, and
it was working under windows server before the reboot.

The pertinent part of the dmesg is:

iop0 at pci2 dev 10 function 1: I2O adapter <MegaRAID>
iop0: interrupting at irq 5
isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found
iop0: configuring...
device (class 0xffffffff) at iop0 tid 0 not configured
[hangs for about 1 minute]
fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
Kernelized RAIDframe activated

The only thing I changed (initially) was setting up the scsiselect
utility tio boot from the cdrom drive.

Anyone have any ideas for things I could try?

Thanks,

    Ian