Subject: Re: help with DDNS using BIND9/DHCPD
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2005 17:17:20
Hello All,

I have this working now. I think the problem was that there were
multiple instances of named9 running, something to do with an rc.d
problem I had.

Anyway the error was:

Jan  6 00:13:50 gateway named[7664]: /etc/namedb/named.conf:16:
couldn't add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: address in use

In the messages I posted before. This was the rndc controller, and
apparently it wasn't working. I killed off all the processes and
restarted.

In any case I regenerated a set of keys and put them in a file which
was included.

It's all working, but I was wondering how to access a list of DDNS
pointers in use.

Ie. list of current ip's and their dns pointers.

Thanks!

Amadeus