Subject: Re: Lucent WLAN wireless setup
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Francisco Valladolid <francisco@vmicrosistemas.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2005 10:46:06
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

>In message <41DF1848.6090001@vmicrosistemas.com>, Francisco Valladolid writes:
>

>>Hi, folks
>>
>>I have a Lucent WAVE LAN wireless PCMCIA card, i'am testint this in my
>>IBM T21 Laptop, also i has read the document in the netbsd web site
>>about the config this card, but until now, i can't configure this.
>>
>>The procedure is the next:
>>
>>1.- I'am running NetBSD 2.0 rel.
>>2,- I have a Linksys access point. conected to hub Linksys also, the IP
>>for this access point is: 192.168.1.x
>>3.-  My laptop has the wireless card attached in the slot 1, then, i do
>>the following.
>>

>>/home/ficovh $> sudo ifconfig wi0 ssid  <some>
>>/home/ficovh $> sudo ifconfig wi0 chan 6
>>/home/ficovh $> sudo ifconfig wi0 inet 192.168.1.x netmask 0xffffff00
>>media autoselect
>>
>>The access point is conected and working.
>>
>>My wi card is active with IP set.
>>
>>now, i can't ping to other machines in the internal net. Can some help o
>>sugestions.
>>
>>Best Regards.
>>
>>Fco. Valladolid.
>>

>You definitely don't need to set 'chan'.  What does it say if you just
>run 'ifconfig wi0'?  (And what release of NetBSD is this?)
>
>		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Hi, Thaks for your seugestions and replys. my Lucent Card now has
configured correctly, .. only a logic problem, my IBM T21 has a Intel
(fxp0) Ethernet card, then I assign other addres eg: 10.0.0.1 to this,
and 192.168.1.x to wi0 (lucent), the problem was resolved, and The card
work excellent.

Thanks and Regards.

Fco. Valladolid
    http://bsdguy.homeunix.org