Subject: Re: DLT problems
To: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/08/2005 21:00:35
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:59:29PM -0600, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:

> I've had problems using my DLT drives for a while.  I've got two drives
> I've been able to try, a DLT8000 & a DLT7000.  I've got two cards I've
> tried with, an adaptec 2940 and a Tekram 390F.  I've got a bunch of
> different tapes, and I've had the DLT8000 work fine connected to
> an Alpha running Digital Unix.
>
> The errors generated when the adaptec is connected are much more verbose,
> but I'm not sure what I should be learning from them.  Once I get these
> errors, I can't use the DLT until I reboot.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas on what I can do to get my backups working
> again?

Which release of NetBSD ?
I have 2 DLT 7000 library, one connected to a tekram DC390, the other one
to a adaptec AHA2944 (which is the differential version of the 2940),
which work flawlessly. Recently I added a SDLT320 library, also connected
to a DC390, and it works fine too. All of this on 1.6.x, I can't really
upgrade these systems to 2.0 yet.

Also, what errors do you get with the tekram ? commands timeout too ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>