Subject: Re: Re: fs benchmark poll
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <zafer@gmx.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/06/2005 01:07:59
Hello again,

the main purpose was not a "real" benchmark, as everybody noticed, no, it
was just the point, that I was surprised that a Linux system, managed to
unpack our pkgsrc.tar.gz in under 30 Seconds on the same Hardware and
disappointed that NetBSD was so much slower.
Now, I just wanted to collect information, that approve either that my
system is misconfigered, or that NetBSD is that slow in this particular
example; and because of that, you could easily see huge time differences,
wherefore you needn't exact measurement.

A famous commercial Slogan should say:
How much time do you need to unpack pkgsrc.tar.gz ?

Regards...
Zafer a.k.a Dr.Unpack :)