Subject: Re: KDM -> no input from keyboard
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Cliff Wright <cliff@snipe444.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2005 10:27:39
This is a general problem with init using what need to be reserved
virtual terminals. init runs rc scripts first (stage 2), then the tty
setup
(stage 3). So when a program at rc time selects what appears to be an
available virtual terminal a problem will arrise when init uses the same
terminal. This problem also occurs with the package gdm. gdm can start
up
multiple X servers, and for this relies on X doing an autoselect of
the virtual terminal, but if X is setup for autoselect, then it will not
work at boot up due to selecting a virtual terminal that init wants.
I believe NetBSD needs a way to reserve these ports.
	Cliff Wright