Subject: Re: professional sound studio with netbsd, anyone?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thanos Tsouanas <thanos@sians.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2005 13:12:54
On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:22:28AM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:

> On the sequencing front, Rosegarden and MuSE are the only real
> candidates. Unfortunately they both rely on ALSA, the poorly documented
> system that is now the preferred audio and MIDI architecture under
> Linux. Unless someone comes up with an ALSA emulation layer I can't see
> these two applications being ported to a BSD. I don't think LADSPA, the
> popular Linux plugin architecture works on BSD based systems either.

You are probably right.  Both NetBSD and FreeBSD include a old
version of rosegarden in their ports, but i suppose the use it
with aRts for sound and not ALSA.  And from rosegarden's website
it seems that the aRts solution is not recommended..

--
Thanos Tsouanas <thanos@sians.org> .: Sians
http://thanos.sians.org/           .: http://www.sians.org/