Subject: KDM -> no input from keyboard
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Molnar <peter.molnar@wm.sk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2005 00:11:03
Hi,

i've just installed NetBSD 2.0/i386. I have run X -configure. Then I adjusted
the scanning frequencies. The video card seems to be correctly detected
(Nvidia riva tnt vanta, nv driver).

When i run X, then some WM (twm, fvwm) and then some X app (xterm, kate,
konsole), everything works fine.

But when I do a "startkde" or "kdm" from /dev/console or when i call kdm
from /etc/rc.local at boot time i get no input from keyboard. A remote
"startkde" over ssh on a linux box behaves the same way.

The bizzare thing is than when i first start an xterm and run startkde from
that xterm, everything is fine. Or when i run X and startkde over ssh (no ssh
forwarding, i start it on the local maschine) it works fine too.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
Peter