Subject: NetBSD floppy installation defects
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/2004 17:55:35
Hi,

I tryed to install NetBSD/i386 2.0 only with floppies.  So I selected
kern-GENERIC, base and etc, intending to continue somewhat with PPP.

The problems started when I started transferring kern-GENERIC.  I made the
mistake to split and transfer netbsd-GENERIC.gz.  Of course, untarring failed.
I became aware of my mistake and I have transferred kern-GENERIC.tgz.  But
untarring failed again!  After more time of trying, I understood that
kern-GENERIC.tgz in /targetroot/usr/INSTALL is not truncated before transferring
the split tar.

So this is the first problem -- I think that before getting split parts and
concatenating them, the tgz should be truncated.  Why it isn't so?

The second problem is that after kern-GENERIC is untarred, there is no option to
get base.aa and others!

Should I file PR for these two?

Regards,
ogi