Subject: NFS locking
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2004 23:48:46
On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 02:44:18PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I've shared that [bookmarks] file across NFS for some time now, and
> have used it between at least i386 and alpha, though I can't say that
> I've ever tried adding a bookmark at _exactly_ the same time from two
> different hosts.  I would expect the normal NFS locking problems to
> prevail and the file to be clobbered.

I would expect that locking over NFS would work; it worked under ultrix
10 years ago.  I'm honestly quite surprised NetBSD doesn't support it.

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.