Subject: Re: I lost all my Mozilla Bookmarks.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20041217T131831@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/17/2004 13:50:36
thiesi@NetWorkXXIII.de (Mirko Thiesen) writes:
> Well, this is not exactly what happened to me and the OP. Actually,
> Mozilla kept all my preferences, and my profile was still
> intact. Everything was working except for the bookmarks which were
> gone.

Mozilla and Firefox appear to use some machine-dependent database
files for the bookmarks.  Guess what happens when you have your home
directory NFS mounted and try to use mozilla/firefox from an
architecture which is different than your normal machine?  Bye-bye
bookmarks.

-wolfgang
	     firefox - 10 million downloads in one month
		explorer - when free isn't good enough