Subject: A problem with pthreads
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vsevolod Stakhov <vsevolod@highsecure.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/17/2004 15:21:45
I'm trying to port oops-cache (http://oops-cache.org/oops.eng), a proxy
server based on threads, to NetBSD pkgsrc. I have NetBSD-current
(2.99.11) and compile oops with -pthreads option. Then it starts and
work untill a client connects. Then I have a trap from libpthread, that
says about error in pthread_mutex_unlock. The exact error is that
argument for pthread_mutex_unlock is not a mutex. Then libpthread calls
abort and all fails. But there is no core (abort raises signal SIGABORT,
that is proceeded by SIG_DFL, there are no limits on coredumpsize and
all have write access to current directory). The same code works fine on
FreeBSD and Solaris. Can it be a problem in NetBSD libpthread? (I think,
that pthread_mutex_lock works, but pthread_mutex_unlock fails)

--
WBR, Vsevolod Stakhov