Subject: Re: MD5 for i386pkg.iso?
To: Roberto Pereyra <netbsd@gualeguaychu.gov.ar>
From: Dion van der Grijp <dvdgrijp@mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2004 22:13:40
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 09:13:21AM -0300, Roberto Pereyra wrote:

> Hi
>
> Use the bittorrent file, it make integrity check when download finish.
>
> roberto

Thanks for the advice.  However, in this case I already have the ISO image;
so I'm not likely to duplicate the download effort.  Anyway, I discovered
that the sought MD5 checksum was added to the /pub/NetBSD/iso/2.0/MD5 file
on (at least) the master FTP site sometime during the last day.  Now I can
go burn my CD with confidence.

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:06:37PM +0800, Dion van der Grijp wrote:
> > Does anyone know where to find the *authoritative* MD5 checksum for the
> > i386pkg.iso released just a few days ago (following the NetBSD 2.0 release)?
> > I don't see it on any of the FTP mirror sites I've checked (but perhaps I'm
> > looking in the wrong place).  I'd prefer an MD5 check before committing
> > the ISO image to CD... :-)
> >
> > -dvdg

-dvdg