Subject: arplookup: unable to enter address...
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dmitry Ivanov <dimss@solutions.lv>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2004 16:29:53
Hello!

I have tons of messages like this in my dmesg:

arplookup: unable to enter address for 62.85.88.1@00:02:b3:e8:90:7d on
fxp1 (host is not on local network)

fxp1 is connected to our ISP network (159.148.92.x). Definitely,
62.85.88.1 is not valid address because it belongs to their
competitor :) My initial guess was that somebody has connected computer
with such address to ISP network. This can't be true because they have
192.168.7.x in the same ethernet segment as well and it doesn't cause
any troubles.

What is the reason of this message? How can I eliminate messages like
this in future?

--
...python is just now at 2.4? perl is 3.6 better!