Subject: Re: [ pppd ] - error 738: the server did not assign an address
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2004 01:37:04
--byLs0wutDcxFdwtm

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 12:42:25AM +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm trying to setup l2tpd to connect a windows laptop to a netbsd
> server. It seems that the pppd process fails to assign address to the
> windows box. I just can't find any googleable error messages.
>=20
> Can anyone help, please ?
>=20
> Here's what pppd says :

Well, I guess l2tpd should have somewhere a configuration to assign
addresses.  It's not like pppd can guess out of nowhere, and there
is no IP address defined in your options file.  So please provide
l2tpd configuration.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--byLs0wutDcxFdwtm

--byLs0wutDcxFdwtm--