Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
To: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2004 19:31:19
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Thomas T. Thai wrote:

> Does NetBSD automatically check for scripts in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d and execute
> them if necessary? I'm guessing not. If not, why do use put install scripts
> there (ex. apache) instead of /etc/rc.d?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Hm, I also asked myself that. I always copy * to /etc/rc.d;

This is also the way shown in "The Guide".

Perhaps it's because "we" don't want to change the startup behaviour
(addtional services) with a pkgsrc-make install?

It seems like it's always up to the admin to enable any newly installed
daemons.

???

-Florian