Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0-RELEASE
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2004 12:36:03
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:14:22AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> >no, because 2.1 will be a patch release of 2.0, just like 1.6.1 was a patch
> >release of 1.6. There will never be a 201rrpp00 for current, the next
> >current
> >will ne 399rrpp00
>
> Okay, got it now. So in short, we don't have any minor releases anymore?
> We have just major releases and patches?

Nothing changed in this area. Previously we had 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, ... 1.6 for
major release (the second number was bumped) and 1.x.1, 1.x.2, ... for
patch releases. The first number (1) was never changed so it was useless,
and was droped. We go from a 3-digit numbering scheme to a 2-digit, but it
doesn't change anything because one of the 3 digit was never changed