Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0-RELEASE
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/2004 21:53:06
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Some might not have cut it just yet.  Others might have cut it long
> ago.

Most of the developers have mixed feelings toward both parts, but at some
point the releng team had to make the call to go with it; for good or bad,
it's a milestone that can be used to prepare for the next bug-patch release.

> But it's not our call to say
> when to release it and in half a year we should have a 2.1

As a nitpick:  The version numbering scheme has changed with 2.0.  Yeah,
it's a bit of a cave-in to "version drift" pressures, but it also reflects
how major of changes NetBSD really puts into each major (branch-creating)
release.

2.1, not 2.0.1, will be the first patch release off of the netbsd-2-0
branch.  (Yes, it's kind of funny that 2.1 will come from the netbsd-2-0
branch, but that's now a historical curiosity :).  The next branch will be
the start of NetBSD 3.0.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>