Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0-RELEASE
To: None <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/29/2004 11:52:04
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 08:28:16PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I still fail to see the point in releasing broken code.  2.0 sounds
> like a major release (more so than 1.6, for example) - I think it
> should have been a stable one.

agreed; but the disparity between the latest 1.6.x branch and 2.0 is
fairly large.  no SMP support on i386 is a showstopper for the 1.6

I don't know if more frequent releases would help or hurt.

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown