Subject: Re: mirroring for more than two disks?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/25/2004 16:14:19
Malcolm Herbert writes:
> Having just read some articles which made me rethink the merits of
> RAID10 as opposed to RAID5 I'm considering switching my systems to this
> setup ... unfortunately it appears that the RAIDFrame system can't
> mirror to more than one disk ... is this restriction likely to be lifted
> in the near future?

It's not anywhere near the top of my TODO list, but I would think
it'd be an interesting little RAIDFrame project if someone was so
inclined ;)  (You could create a mirror consiting of a single disk
and a mirror, and effectively have a 3-way mirror that way.. but
that's not overly useful, I guess.)

Later...

Greg Oster