Subject: Re: moving a Windows user to NetBSD
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: TLD <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/21/2004 20:34:25
Steve Bellovin wrote:
> I'm going to be setting up a new NetBSD box for a long-time Windows
> user.  The applications are comparatively casual -- web, email, some
> word-processing.  I'm curious what environment people would recommend
> -- KDE or gnome, for example.  What mailer would be most familiar to
> someone used to Eudora?  (Mozilla or Firefox are obvious choices for
> someone who's been using Firefox on Windows.)

Thunderbird are what you're looking for, I heard many users that just
migrated from eudora to TB because they liked it more.
As for the UI, personally I'd go for KDE. It's the least surprise for a
windows user.
On another point, openoffice.org might interest you if he is/was a MS
office user.

HTH

--
/~\ The ASCII                            TLD
\ / Ribbon Campaign