Subject: Re: moving a Windows user to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/21/2004 19:52:20
Hello Steve,

   SB> I'm going to be setting up a new NetBSD box for a long
     > -time Windows user. The applications are comparatively
     > casual -- web, email, some word-processing.  I'm
     > curious what environment people would recommend -- KDE
     > or gnome, for example.  What mailer would be most
     > familiar to someone used to Eudora?  (Mozilla or
     > Firefox are obvious choices for someone who's been
     > using Firefox on Windows.)

KDE looks a bit like the MS Windows (95..2000) interface.  I
will probably be putting blackbox in front of people though,
because it's fast, uncluttered and nicely configurable. They
have been using Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird on MS
Windows, which should ease the transition.  I have seen
Eudora users move to Thunderbird without much pain.

- Andy Ball