Subject: Re: no SIGINFO kerninfo on serial consoles?!?!?!?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/20/2004 17:05:54
[ On Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 23:11:18 (GMT), Christos Zoulas wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: no SIGINFO kerninfo on serial consoles?!?!?!?
>
> In article <m1CUtfW-0024fvC@building.weird.com>,
> Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com> wrote:
> >I've been meaning to ask about this before.....
> >
> >I never see any kerninfo line from SIGINFO on a serial console (at least
> >not on i386, alpha, or sparc).  The signal does get delivered, as you
> >can see from the following, but despite correct STTY settings there's no
> >line printed by the kernel.....
>
> File a PR please. I will look into it.

This may have been a false alarm.

I've since booted a -current kernel on an alpha with a serial console
and I do find it does print the kerninfo line when I generate a SIGINFO
with the status key (^T).

So it has at least been fixed since netbsd-1-6 was branched.

Note/remember that the SIGINFO is generated and passed to applications.
It's just the kernel isn't printing the load average line.....

Assuming I haven't done something silly in my source tree to break this
functionality just for the console (it works fine on my PTYs, for
example), perhaps there's a simple patch lurking somewhere that I can
pull up to fix it for 1.6.x too?

--
						Greg A. Woods