Subject: Re: Sparc questions
To: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/19/2004 22:38:11
Hello,

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:20:51 +0000, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:

> 3. Some keys on the keyboard don't work. On my PC I fix this by adding
> the line
>  Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
> to XF86Config/xorg.conf, but I couldn't find a config file on the Sparc.

At least on XFree86, it is posible to change Xkb options on-the-fly with
the setxkbmap command. The right sequence would probably be setxkbmap
-variant modeadkeys, but I don't know if this is supported for the Sun
Xserver.

> Also, X just worked(tm)
> without any configuration.

This is a good thing, no? But the lack of configurability when you really
need to change something is worse.

Bye	Pavel